June 11, 2015
Webinar Registration Form
What is a Webinar?
Webinar is a seminar conducted over the Internet, a type of online conference. Unlike a Webcast, which transmits information in only one direction, a Webinar is designed to be interactive between the presenters and audience. It is "live" in the sense that information is conveyed according to an agenda, with a starting and ending time. In most cases, the presenter may speak over a standard telephone line, pointing out information being presented on the viewers' computer screen. The audience can respond over their own telephones or type messages to the presenters via an online chat tool.
To participate in a webinar, all you need is a phone (preferably a land line) and a computer with an Internet connection. After you've registered for the webinar, you'll be sent an e-mail with instructions for participating in the event. The e-mail will contain a link to the visual portion of the webinar as well as a telephone number, which will give you access to the audio portion. It's wise to join the event 10 to 15 minutes early, as you may need to download special software to access the visual presentation.
There are several great reasons for attending a webinar:
1) No travel time or overnight stay.
2) Cross train multiple employees at one time.
3) One low registration fee for your entire office.*
What is required to attend a webinar?
1) Internet access to view power point presentation
2) Telephone (conference phone works best if multiple people will be listening)
3) Print off handout which will be sent to you via email prior to the webinar.
*Attorneys registering for CLE credit must register individually.