WELCOME TO 2018!
by Linda Grahovec
What’s New – What to Watch – What Dates to Save
January has already hit us square in the face with cold weather and the flu that seems to be hitting every office but that has not stopped our businesses in this typically slower month.
On January 3rd many of us started the New Year by attending the IDFPR Town Hall Meeting at the Thompson Center in Chicago. The meeting was hosted by Secretary Bryan Schneider, Acting Supervisor John Lartz and Rich Bake from the Department. The discussion revolved around Proposed Guidance for Title Insurance Agent Compensation. There was a brief presentation of materials that the department had already distributed and then a lively discussion on the main three areas of concern to the department. These areas included improper inducements or compensation, splitting of premiums and splitting of fees. There is an open comment period where anyone from the industry can send questions, comments or concerns that can be directed to the department or specifically to one of the hosts.
The real estate industry and the title insurance industry have certainly seen changes over the years so ILTA has renewed their focus on education and training. So, whether you have new employees brand new to the business or you have company veteran’s that are changing roles within your company, ILTA is positioned to be your resource for online or in person education.
Mark your calendars for more exciting meetings and educational opportunities throughout the year! From our designation classes and free webinars (all new and free for 2018 because of member sponsorships) to Lobby Day and our Annual Convention.
- FREE WEBINAR – Sales is Not a Dirty Word with Dr Cynthia McGovern of Orange Leaf Consulting
- FREE WEBINAR – Your 2018 Digital Marketing Strategy with Wayne Stanley of Bowe Digital
April 18th Springfield, IL
- EVENT – ILTA Lobby Day
May 8th Lisle IL
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Title Designation Course – Title I
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Escrow Designation Course – Escrow I
- ADVANCED LEARNING – Title Industry Ethics Panel with Industry Leaders – can be Designation CE or general education for attendee
May 9th Lisle IL
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Title Designation Course – Title II
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Escrow Designation Course – Escrow II
- ADVANCED LEARNING – Advanced Legal Descriptions with Dick Bales – can be Designation CE or general education for attendee
July 11th to July 13th
- EVENT – ILTA Annual Convention, Marriott Pere Marquette Hotel in Peoria IL
- FREE WEBINAR – Title Traps and Pitfalls – with Walt Adams and Don Marcum of FNTG
- FREE WEBINAR – Closing Traps and Pitfalls – with two industry subject matter experts
November 6th Lisle IL
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Title Designation Course – Title III
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Escrow Designation Course – Escrow III New Construction
- ADVANCED LEARNING – TBD
November 7th Lisle IL
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Title Designation Course – Title IV
- DESIGNATION – ILTA Escrow Designation Course – Escrow IV Commercial
- ADVANCED LEARNING – TBD
We have made some changes to our website to easily access our Event Schedule and separately all our Educational Opportunities for our membership. Watch for additional details, course outlines and instructor biographies! Check it out at: http://www.illinoislandtitle.org.